Organic Soap Nuts - 1kg
Soap nuts are the only organic detergent that literally grow on trees! They produce a natural soap called saponin. This is the most natural way to get plastic-free laundry.
Soap nuts have been used for thousands of years and are highly valued by the rural people of India for washing clothes and cleaning.
Soap nuts are highly-effective and gentle at the same time. They will leave your laundry fresh and clean, its mildness will keep colours bright, maintaining fabric structure of your clothes for longer periods. It can be used on all fabrics and at all temperatures from 30. C - 90. C. Great for all washing machines especially energy efficient machines & great for all allergy sufferers.
Inside the bag there will be a mixed of whole and broken shells. This does not affect the efficacy of the soap nuts. There also may be variation of colours due to the time the soap nuts were harvested, which also doesn't affect their efficacy.
How to use:
1. Place 3-8 soap nuts into the small bag provided and tie tightly.
2. Put your laundry in the machine with the soap nuts on top and wash as normal
4. At the end of the wash remove the bag of soap nuts and allow to dry. These can be re used several times. I tend to use them 3 or 4 times.
For lightly soiled clothes use 3-5 nuts
For Heavily soiled clothes 6-8 nuts
For hard water areas you may need to use 8 nuts
Ingredients: Pure 100% Organic Sapindus Mukorossi (soap nut) dried fruit shells.
What you get:
- 1 KG Bag of biodegradable soap nut shells
- 1 x Small biodegradable muslin bag
- Full instruction leaflet on how to use for laundry
- Full instructions on how to make natural pesticide and a chemical free multi-purpose cleaner.
Living Naturally only source ingredients from ethical suppliers either in the UK or from Fairtrade suppliers or co-operatives abroad, where they support the communities they work with. They use natural, organic ingredients, all their products are certified vegan and use no palm oil.
They’re a certified B-Corp and are certified as climate neutral.
They also donate either 2% of revenue or 20% of profit (whichever is higher) to various charities including Animal Shelters & Wildlife Preservation, Community Support, Environmental education and Food Justice among others.
Plus for every £1 sold, we donate 1p to the Marine Conservation Society, so by buying this product, you are donating twice!