Guppyfriend Washing Bag
Did you know that most new fabrics are made of plastic? Synthetic fibres such as nylon and polyester are plastic. And every time they are washed, they shed millions of tiny, plastic microfibres which our washing machines are not equipped to filter.
They then make their way into the rivers and oceans where they can absorb nasty chemicals, before being eaten by marine life, and ultimately make their way up the food chain.
Help is at hand though! Enter the Guppyfriend.
The Guppyfriend is a washing bag for your synthetic clothes that is scientifically proven to reduce microplastic pollution from washing.
Benefits of the Guppyfriend:
- Reduces fibre shredding
- Protects your clothes
- Filters the fibres that do break loose
- Does not lose fibres itself
- Reminds us to change our buying and washing habits every time we wash
Profits from the Guppyfriend are reinvested in further activities to address the microwaste problem and to avoid single-use plastics.
- Inform about microplastic pollution: What can be done to reduce microwaste above and beyond the Guppyfriend Washing Bag?
- Accelerate re-engineering of textiles: With our countless and on-going washing tests, we receive and share valuable information on how to improve garments to reduce microfiber shedding.
- Extend our STOP! Plastic Academy lectures on how to avoid microwaste and single-use plastics.
- Initiate local activities -so called STOP! Stations- to actively reduce (micro)plastic pollution.
- Research for innovative, pragmatic solutions to reduce microfiber-pollution.